McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe
Canister Steam Cleaner
The McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam Cleaner is the big brother of the ‘best value for your money’ very popular McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner.
This machine is for those of you who want a multi purpose steam cleaner that is a quality product, does the job and will last you a good long time.
Let’s take a closer look:
The McCulloch Mc1385 Deluxe is a powerful multi-purpose steamer that can be used to blast, scrub, scrape, mop floors, spot clean carpets, clean grout, clean windows or even gently steam clothing, upholstery and curtains.
- The 4 bar (58 psi) pressure can be controlled by a steam flow adjuster to supply as much or as little steam as you need for a particular task. The gauge will let you know at what level the pressure is. You can lock the steam trigger in place for continual steam instead of needing to hold the trigger down.
- It only takes 12 minutes for the huge 64 oz cast aluminium water tank to heat up giving you up to 120 minutes of cleaning time.
- The multitude of attachments (23) will allow you to tackle basically any cleaning job and slips easily in place and the storage bag is very handy to keep everything in one place.
- The 18 feet power cord and 10 feet steam hose will enable you to easily clean all those hard to reach areas.
- Although is it a canister steamer it stands upright and due to its big wheels can easily be wheeled along by pulling it along by the wide handle. No lifting and struggling to carry a heavy machine anymore.
- Steam is the ultimate sanitizer and your don’t need to use any chemicals when cleaning with the McCulloch Mc1385 Deluxe. The heat of the steam will get rid of germs, bad odors and mildew as you clean.
- The shipping carton size is 13.1 x 13.3 x 19.1 inches and it weighs 21 pounds.
The huge water tank will allow you up to 120 minutes of cleaning time that is more than enough for a average size house. Some customers complained that they ran out of things to clean before the tank was empty.
The 10 feet extension hose is a handy bonus. You are now able to reach into nooks and crannies that you weren’t before. You are still able to adjust the flow of steam and either push the steam trigger at need or to lock it in place for continuous use from the extension wand. Despite the long hose it won’t loose pressure or heat.
The opening where you fill the water tank is shaped like funnel and makes filling the tank super easy. The trick you need to know here is to keep an even steady flow of water going or the opening will burp bubbles at you. If you decide to use a funnel anyway don’t fit the funnel tightly but allow some space for the air to escape from the tank to prevent bubbles from forming.
The steam mop is wider than usual steam mops and customers have many good things to say about it. It cleans faster because it covers more floor with each pass. There are plenty of steam funnels and you have more than adequate steam for cleaning. The washable pads works well and is of good quality.
The brushes and scrub pads have a limited lifespan as they tend to melt over time because of the high heat of the steam. This is to be expected as heat will do this to plastic. I would suggest that you are prepared for this to happen and order a spare set of brushes (5) and a spare set of the scrub pads (5) in advance.
Handy hooks allow for storage of the cord but there is no obvious way to store the long extension hose but some customers reported that they simply rolled the hose around the handle and that it worked well.
Some customers complained of the attachments coming off during scrubbing or that the extension wand became warm after prolonged use or that steam escaping when opening the water tank was dangerous. Please read the easy to understand manual before you operate your McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe in order to minimize or avoid these issues.
Handy Tips for using your
McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe:
When that tank runs out of water while you are still cleaning you need to wait for the tank to cool down before you can open it to refill it with water. To speed things up turn the machine off, lock the trigger in place and leave the extension wand in the sink so that the pressure goes down faster.
When emptying the tank after cleaning (always empty the tank after each use) don’t tighten the cap but rather screw it in just enough to catch. If you tighten it when there is still some pressure in the tank you will have a hard time loosening the cap when you want to use it next time.
Steams only comes out of the bristle side of the squeegee attachment. When you turn the attachment around to use the squeegee side the steam coming out of the bristle side can burn you. The solution to this is to not remove and turn the attachment around but just to turn the handle.
If you ever run into problems with your McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe I find that contacting their Consumer Service directly works best. Their email address is email@example.com or you can phone them on 1-800-711-6617
The McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam Cleaner is an excellent buy at around $199 if you don’t need or can’t afford an industrial steam machine but want a steamer that can tackle the more difficult household tasks. The biggest plus for me is the big tank that will supply more than adequate cleaning time and the strong steam pressure that will get things done.
Don’t expect silly miracles (you still have to put in some work as well) but do expect a good quality machine that will deliver on it’s promises.