Canister Steam Cleaner
For well under $200 this machine is excellent value for money for a good quality steam cleaner that can clean basically anything.
Let’s take a closer look:
The McCulloch MC1375 has the same machine and performance capacity as big brother the McCulloch Mc1385, it just has a smaller water tank (and smaller prize tag) and is therefore ideal for average to smaller sized homes.
- This powerful machine is a multi purpose steam cleaner that can reach temperatures of over 200ºF and can blast away dirt, clean grout, mop floors, steam clothing, spot clean carpets and can tackle any cleaning job you can dream up.
- It takes a quick 10-12 minutes to heat the water up in the 48 oz aluminium tank and giving you about 90 minutes of cleaning time.
- The 4 bar (58 psi) steam pressure can be regulated between full blast steaming for lifting heavy dirt to very light steaming that is ideal for clothes steaming by using the on-demand variable steam control knob.
- The 20 handy accessories includes extension wands, nozzles, large mop head and mop pads, scrapper, a variety of plastic and metal brushes, scrub pads, fill cup, accessory net and a handy storage bag to store everything in.
- The power cord is 18 ft long and the steam hose is a whopping 10 ft long to make it convenient to reach all those nooks and crannies that are usually hard to reach. The big wheels and handle makes it easy to move around.
- Steam is the ultimate sanitizer and you don’t need to use any chemicals to clean. Steam will get rid of germs, bad odors and mildew.
- The water tank port where you fill it is shaped like a funnel making it very easy to fill the tank without spilling water.
- The wand handle is made of a good quality plastic, sits comfortably in your hand and has a steam trigger (that can be locked in place) as well as a variable on-demand steam control setting where you can control the amount of steam that is released.
Customers love the map attachment. The mop head (on a ball joint) rotates 360 degrees and folds almost flat to easily clean under furniture, it glides smoothly over the floor and releases plenty of steam. It is very well designed and works like a dream.
The mop pads are very absorbent and can be washed and re-used.
The wide array of attachments are very handy and will make quick work of all sorts of cleaning tasks. The triangle shaped attachment is a firm favorite of mine because it can be used to get into corners and tight spaces that usually can’t be easily reached. Fit the triangle into the rectangular base and steam your mattress or use it to refresh your carpets.
The instruction manual is written in plain English, is easy to understand and quite thorough. Do yourself a favor and read it. After reading through the manual you will be able to operate the McCulloch Mc1375 like a pro.
The long power cord and extension hose are very handy when cleaning but are difficult to deal with when you need to store it. There are two hooks to wind the cord around but they aren’t very practical and the hose is soft and floppy and difficult to deal with. Some customers advised that wrapping the cord around the handle helps but that floppy hose still remains a problem.
Although the storage bag is handy in theory, the bag doesn’t zip or clip close and the attachments tends to tumble out. It is also frustrating to find an attachment between so many other attachments in an overly full open bag.
The McCulloch MC1375 Canister Steam Cleaner is very good at cleaning grout but what to do with the left over watery mess after you blasted the grout clean?
The solution is simple … simply use the steam mop attachment to clean the dirt away and you will have perfectly clean floors with very little effort.