McCulloch Mc-1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner Reviews:
A Detailed Look at the
McCulloch MC-1275 Heavy Duty Steam Cleaner
We review the Mcculloch Mc-1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner based on its features and consumer reviews and ratings.
Is this the best of the McCulloch steam cleaners?
Why do we say this is the best value money can buy?
We answer these questions (and more) in this article.
This steam cleaner is a heavy duty model which basically means that it is more powerful than other regular steam cleaners. It exerts more pressure, produces steam at higher temperatures and packs a harder cleaning punch.
If you are serious about cleaning your home, the Mcculloch Mc-1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner is the steamer for you. I can’t say enough good things about it.
One of the great things about this machine is that it is powerful while being relatively inexpensive for its class. It can be purchased from Amazon for around $139.95 which is definitely a great deal.
The McCulloch Mc1275 steam cleaner has garnered a 4 star rating from over 2000 customers and is well suited to a multitude of cleaning jobs.
Features & Capabilities:
The main features and functionality of the Mcculloch Mc-1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner include:
• 50 oz. or 1.5 Liter water capacity,
• Provides approximately 1 hour of cleaning time although consumers reported it to be much longer.
• Has a steam ready light indicator that lets you know when it is ready to use,
• 35 psi pressure,
• 1500 Watts of power,
• Weighs a mere 13 lbs,
• Has a steam control switch which allows you to control the amount of steam being emitted,
• Brush storage compartment,
• Caster wheels which enable easy movement and mobility,
• Accessories include:
- Steam Jet Nozzle
- Extension Wands (2)
- Mop Head
- Microfiber Pads (2)
- Water Funnel
- Measuring Cup
- Triangle Brush
- Nylon Utility Brushes (5)
- Brass Utility Brush
- Scrub Pad
• Can clean: grills, cars, trucks, RV’s, boats, patio furniture, upholstery, mats, bathroom and kitchen surfaces, grout, soap scum, microwaves and just about anything else,
• Sturdy canister construction,
• 15 foot power cord.
Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner: Consumer Reviews:
The most important factor when deciding on a steam cleaner is to know the experiences of people who have already used the product.
This will tell you both the good and bad points of each machine because there will always be both. It will help you make a more informed decision and get the best deal for your money.
Many consumers collectively agreed that the Mcculloch Mc-1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner is a great household cleaner and well worth the price.
They also found that you can steam clean for longer than an hour and the attachments work great on various surfaces.
Cleaning grout can be difficult, but with this heavy duty steamer the dirt ingrained in the grout almost melted off.
The 10 foot flexible hose makes it possible to to clean hard to reach places and it is powerful enough to clean in crevices that can build up a lot of dirt over time.
The steam mop attachment enables you to easily clean sealed surfaces like wood, tile and laminate floors.
You can use it in the home as well as outside. This is a very versatile steamer and can be used to also clean patio furniture, detail vehicles, clean chrome rims and other tough cleaning jobs.
Consumers were particularly pleased by the solid body and durable attachments. Nothing flimsy here. This is a well made steamer that was manufactured to last.
Some folks found that this steamer was a bit loud; the machine itself isn’t loud but the steam leaving it makes a loud hissing noise, however this is the case with most models unless it’s a less powerful steamer.
With this machine you do get a steady stream of steam, however not always at the highest pressure. The steam indicator light will let you know when you can use it at high pressure and when the steam volume reduces, the pressure reduces until it builds back up.
This is not much of an issue as you would usually rest the machine to wipe away the dirt that has been loosened before steaming again. This gives sufficient time for the machine to rebuild the pressure.
Overall, consumers were extremely pleased with the McCulloch Mc-1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner as it is tough on cleaning, durable and sturdily built, can be used for a wide range of cleaning tasks and is extremely affordable in comparison to its capability.
- The cloth that is supplied for the floor cleaning attachment wears pretty fast. Order extras when you buy your McCulloch so that you have replacements when you need them. Don’t worry if the pads don’t seem to stick to the steam mop attachment at first – it sticks perfectly when the steam starts.
- To make filling the tank easier get a six or eight inch funnel from your hardware store – it will spare you from having to clean up spills when you don’t feel like it.
- Wear earplugs or some kind of ear protection when operating your machine. The motor runs quietly but the steam makes a lot of noise especially in confined spaces like a shower.
- Lots of customers complain about the attachment with the scrubbing pad coming apart very quickly. The solution is to use OXO Soap Dispensing Palm Brush Refills. Tear the scrubbing pads off them and glue it with epoxy cement to the McCulloch attachment – it is a perfect fit. It works wonders and gives you an added bit of scrubbing power as well.