Home Steam Sauna:
Tips To Enjoy Your Home Sauna Steam Room
A few tips and suggestions for you to enjoy your sauna or portable home steam sauna units.
already done the hard part (building or buying a sauna) and now you
want to enjoy it. I really love my sauna and have put together a few
tips and ideas that you can consider to get the most out of your home
steam sauna room.
However, one major aspect of enjoying a sauna
is to be aware of the safety tips you need to follow to ensure you have
only the best experiences when using your sauna.
First we will look at some tips and ideas you can try for a better experience.
- Shed those clothes!
It’s your sauna so you should definitely feel safe and comfortable
without clothes. Actually, using a sauna with clothes or a swim suit is
unhygienic, less beneficial and uncomfortable. The only times you should wear clothes is if you have shy guests or are using a communal sauna where nudity is forbidden.
- Even after you shed your clothes, if you’re like me, you’ll probably forget that you’re wearing jewelry. Please
take precautions to ensure that you take off all your jewelry (especially
metallic types). I personally put up a sign on the door of my sauna as a
reminder. Why go through all that trouble? Well, the heat of the
sauna causes jewelry to heat up which can then burn your skin. Yikes!
Additionally, it can also warp the shape of them and cause permanent
- Had a stressful day? One of my favorite things to do while in my sauna is to practice a few simple breathing exercises. One
simple exercise is to slowly breathe in and hold the warm steamy air in
your lungs for a few seconds. Then, slowly exhale through your mouth. I
usually repeat this until I feel calmer and more relaxed.
- Before using a sauna it is advisable that you do not eat any heavy meals because it can cause you to feel upset while in the sauna. You
can have a light meal before if you must. Also, you shouldn’t drink
alcohol while using the sauna because you can end up becoming severely
- Keeping properly hydrated
is important as you are losing a lot of water from your body. Make sure
to drink a lot of water before, during and after using your sauna.
- Invite your friends/family and make a sauna party! This is only provided that your home steam sauna has enough room to fit your guests. Using saunas with friends and family has been a social event for decades … So party up!
- After you’ve been in the sauna for a few minutes and worked up a sweat, step out of the sauna and take a cold shower for a few minutes. Then, go back into the sauna. This is extremely refreshing! Another
option to having a cold shower in between sauna sessions is to simply
roll around in the snow. If done with friends, it’s far more
entertaining as well!
- A final tip to enhance your relaxation is to use aromatherapy
in your sauna. Fragrances such as eucalyptus, mint, lavender, citrus
etc are great at enhancing your relaxation and elevating enjoyment
Return to the Best Steam Reviews Homepage