Cuisinart Pressure Cooker
Cuisinart Electric Pressure Cooker
The Cuisinart Pressure Cooker is one of the most popular and most bought electric pressure cookers that are available today.
The answer is simple; it works well, looks good in its brushed stainless steel guise, cleans easily and (and this where it gets good) it has several other functions besides being a pressure cooker.
This is basically a all-in-one electric cooker that will result in many delicious and healthy meals for years to come.
Read about the Cuisinart Pressure Cooker below:
Cuisinart CPC-600 6-Quart Electric Pressure Cooker
- This dishwasher safe 6 quart pot is made of brushed stainless steel and have cool to the touch black handles
- It is non-stick
- There is a digital control panel on the side of the pot for cooking options and programming
- You have a choice of browning, simmer, sauté and warming functions beside the pressure cooking aspect
- It has a build-in thermostat and a handy build-in 99 minute time
- It is safe and after programming needs no further attention. An alarm will let you know when it is done
The Cuisinart Pressure Cooker has two pressure settings; low at 5 PSI and high at 10 PSI. This is lower than the standard 15 PSI of other pressure cookers and will mean that your cooking time will be longer by as much as 30%.
However, this shortcoming is balanced out by its ability to do browning, simmering, being able to sauté and keeping the food warm for up to 12 hours after finishing a cooking cycle.
Browning, simmering and being able to sauté the food, without the lid on, enables you to fulfill many cooking functions in the same pot. This saves you time, effort, energy and just makes things so much easier for those of us who wants quick and easy without fuss.
It is made of brushed stainless steel that is finger mark resistant – no more polishing to get those pesky marks out! The handles are black, cool to the touch and short. The short handles makes storing easy.
The cherry on top is that the Cuisinart Pressure Cooker is non-stick. Although some people prefer not to have this non-stick layer I think it is a bonus not having food sticking to the bottom.Cleaning is a breeze.
The Cuisinart Pressure Cooker is a 6 quart cooker. Keep in mind that you can only fill a pressure cooker up to the halfway mark and that you are, in reality, getting a pot that can accommodate 3-4 quarts. Despite this, you will still be able to prepare a good sized meal in it.
Sealing the lid
There are no marks to show you if the lid is lined up and closed as it should be and the pot will work even if the lid is not sealed correctly. This could mean that your pot will never reach pressure temperature and will only do what any ordinary pot does.
You’ll need to make order xanax 1 mg with prescription sure that the little projecting arm on the valve is parallel to the lid’s handle. It is very simple to do but very important. If you get this right the cooker will reach the correct pressure temperature and then the timer will start when it should.
Watch out for a “push rod” or metal peg that will protrude when the lid is midway between locked and unlocked. It will recess when the lid is locked as well when it is unlocked. If the metal peg sticks out it means that the lid is not locked.
Despite some of the complaints about defective units the Cuisinart Pressure Cookers remains as one of the most popular pressure cookers available on the market.
- The beauty of this pot is that is so much more than just a pressure cooker. It browns, simmers, can sauté and keep the food warm after the cooking cycle has ended. It is a great stockpot and the low setting is excellent for preparing seafood.
- You don’t have to watch over it all the time. Program it and wait for the alarm to go off to let you know when your dish is ready. Easy and stress free.
- Being non-stick, it is a breeze to clean.
- The build-in thermostat will start the timer when it has reached the right pressure – making the whole process automated. The timer can be set up to 99 minutes and will flash when it is done.
- Compared to other pressure cookers that whistles, sputter and spit it is very silent.
- It looks great with the fingerprint resistant brushed stainless steel pot and the black handles. The short handles makes storing easy.
- Some customers complained that their Cuisinart Pressure Cookers worked fine up to the point where it reached pressure temperature and then switched itself off. If you are one of the unlucky ones this happened to know this is a defect and that the pressure cooker should be returned and exchanged.
- The instruction manual is vague, confusing and not much of a help. The quick guide is much better and will at least get you started.The recipe book that comes with it is very basic and some reported that the recipes did not work well. The cooking charts are more accurate and usable. Rather get yourself a good Pressure Cooker Cookbook with clear instructions.
- Cuisinart Pressure Cookers are a bit slower than regular pressure cookers because their high setting only reach 10 PSI instead of the standard 15 PSI. This means less pressure and slower cooking times. Be prepared to add about 30% cooking time to recipes.
The Cuisinart Pressure Cookers are drastically discounted making it a very good buy if you want to save some money:
Go to the High Pressure Cooker page to see all our info on pressure cookers.
Return to the Best Steam Reviews Homepage