The Best Steam Cleaners
After our extensive research, we present to you the best steam cleaners that are currently available on the market.
Our best steam cleaner reviews are thorough and you will learn the best steamers for carpets, hardwood floors, upholstery, grout, tile floors, pets, bed bugs and more!
There are so many choices when it comes to choosing a steam cleaner, that it can be downright confusing. There are dozens of brands and hundreds of models, all of different pricing, quality and purposes.
Each person and home is different, so we will be reviewing the best steam cleaners according to the most pressing concerns of consumers. These include price range/ value for money, consumer ratings and of course specific purposes that you may be particularly concerned about.
We have learned that the price of a steamer is important but you may not always get the best value for your money by choosing the cheapest model. However, this is not to say that all low priced models are no good! This article will outline the very best steamers according to their performance, ease of use, features, durability and of course price.
Best Steam Cleaners based on
Features, Value and Price
The best All Purpose Cleaner
- 1,500 Watts of power,
- 10 Handy accessories are included: You get a concentrator, 6 nylon and brass brushes of various sizes, a window cleaner, squeegee, corner brush, scrubber attachment and an attachment which allows you to steam mop the floors. These are high quality and durable attachments which are sure to last,
- 12 Foot power cord which gives ample space to move around,
- It has a steam control switch which allows you to control the amount of steam emitted from the unit,
- Steam ready light which indicates when the unit is ready for use,
- 50 Ounce water tank. This allows approximately 1 hour of steam cleaning,
- Weighs only 13 lbs and is supported on caster wheels which enable easy mobility,
- Multi purpose: You can use it for light household cleaning as well as for heavy duty cleaning purposes. This includes cleaning your vehicle, boat, RV, engines, motorcycle, grills, patio furniture, upholstery, carpets etc. This unit is excellent to use in the bathroom and works very well on grout and tile,
- Great value for money at Amazon’s lowest prices between $90 – $100.
Best Steam Cleaners for Carpets:
Based on Consumer Reviews And Ratings
- If you’re looking for a powerful, highly rated and customer recommended steam vacuum to clean your carpets, rugs, upholstery and bare floors, this is the steamer for you. Note that this steamer should not be used on hardwood floors,
- 4.5 star rating from 1,688 customers. This is the highest rated steam vacuum cleaner available. It is also quite affordable at Amazon’s current offer,
- 12 amp motor,
- SpinScrub brushes. This is a multiple brush system with 5 brushes that spin at both low and high speeds. These brushes scrub and lift the dirt out of your carpets or bare floors,
- Clean Surge feature. This unique feature allows you to spot clean tough stains or high traffic areas on your carpet. With the press of a button, a spray of concentrated cleaning solution is applied to the specific area to clean. After you’ve cleaned the area, the Steamvac allows you to apply super heated air to quickly dry the carpet,
- 8 foot hose with powerful suction. The dirty and clean water/ solution are held in separate tanks,
- It is very easy to use, your carpet or floors dry quickly and it is definitely a best buy,
Interested specifically in steam cleaners for carpets and floors? Check out our article on the best carpet steam cleaner for our top list.
Best Steam Cleaners Mops:
Eureka Enviro Steam Mop
- This is the second highest rated steam cleaner with a multitude of customer reviews giving it a 4 star rating,
- This is one of the lowest priced units available. This just goes to show that not everything that is “cheap” is of low quality!
- The only restriction is that this steamer is not a multi purpose steam cleaner, but a steam mop which is meant to only clean floors,
- Large mop head at 12 ½ inches which allows for a larger area being cleaned at a time,
- Can be used on different types of flooring which includes: laminate, tile, ceramic, marble, sealed hardwood and more,
- 25 foot power. This is quite long in comparison to other steamers. This is great if you have large areas to clean and don’t want to use an extension cord,
- It has an indicator light which lets you know when the water levels are low,
- Steam reaches high temperatures, as much as 220 degrees,
- This unit provides constant steam so that you don’t have to press down on the trigger all of the time. It also lets the steam out through the sides and bottom. This feature is very rare and allows you to clean more efficiently.
Best Steam Cleaners: Hand-held Model
- This is the best rated hand held steam cleaner which is meant for small household tasks,
- 1000 watts of power,
- Steam can reach temperatures of 212 degrees Fahrenheit,
- Heats up in 3 minutes and provides approximately 15 minutes of cleaning time,
- Ergonomic handle for easy grip as well as fingertip controls,
- It can clean grease, pet stains, soap scum, dirt etc,
- Accessories include: nozzle, garment attachment so you can steam clean your clothes, window cleaning squeegee, extension hose, storage bag and more,
- It has a 360 degree swivel head and unlike most other hand held steamers, has a stainless steel water tank,
- Extremely affordable at a price range between $50 – $65. However, do not attempt to use this steamer for large/ tough cleaning jobs. It is meant for small everyday clean ups and is excellent at that job.
Best Steam Cleaners for Commercial use:
- This model can be used for both residential and commercial use,
- It offers the very best in cleaning and will perfectly sanitize and disinfect your home. If you’re looking for a steamer that will perform to your highest standards, look no further,
- Costs more than many other steam cleaners; however it offers the best in performance, quality, reliability and is guaranteed to last decades,
- Each unit comes with numerous accessories including: nylon, brass and stainless steel brushes, window squeegee, scraper tool, triangular brush, floor cleaning tool, 2 extension wands and some optional attachments,
- Top Quality Stainless Steel boiler- this is the mark of a high quality steamer. Additionally, it has a warranty for 3 years,
- Continuous refill functionality. This means that you can refill the steamer while you are cleaning without having to turn off the machine,
- Creates dry steam which contains only 5% water. This ensures that the area which you are steam cleaning will not get wet,
- Boiler temperature at 298ºF,
- The TANCS option uses nano crystals to destroy bacteria and microorganisms. This technology is a thousand times better and more effective than any household detergent or disinfectant,
- You can use this steamer almost anywhere in your home or office. It will kill all allergens, bed bugs, dust mites, mold, mildew etc. It is perfect for sanitizing the bathroom, kitchen and childrens rooms,
- Boiler capacity at 2.1 liters, operating pressure of 68 p.s.i, weighs only 16 lbs, on-board storage for accessories, low water audible signal and fingertip controls.
Best Steam Mops:
Click on the images below to read more:
Best Carpet Steam Cleaners:
Click on the images below to read more:
If you want to learn more about the best steam cleaners for specific areas in you home click on the links below the images to visit the best carpet, best floor and best steam mops pages:
Return to the Best Steam Reviews Homepage