The Best Mops
& Steam Mop Consumer Reviews
A review of the best mops and the best steam mop based on consumer reviews and ratings. In order to find a really great mop, the best indicator of greatness is of course consumer reviews.
Mopping is tiring, I don’t know about you, but I really dislike mopping.
The obvious reasons include that it is back breaking work, messy and the smell of the cleaning detergent bothers me.
The best way to mop is quick and easy and to get the job done right the first time. Why bother mopping if you’re not going to make those floors shine?
Most people agree with me on those points, so I’m going to present to you some of the best mops and steam mops based on consumer reviews.
Bissell 1940 PowerFresh
Steam Mop Hard Floor Steam Cleaner
This mop is the best of the best with over 8750 reviews which give it a near perfect 4,5 star rating. What do consumers think about this mop?
It produces the second hottest steam in its class of mops, only to be beaten by the Monster steam mop which is only 50 degrees hotter.
The Bissell generates steam at temperatures of 220 degrees. The hotter the steam, the greater the cleaning and disinfecting power.
• It has a very long cord length. Consumers loved that the length of the cord is 23 feet, which is among the longest offered.
• Huge water capacity of 15 oz. which allows you to clean for 15-18 minutes. Other similar mops usually have a water capacity between 8 and 19 oz.
• It has 3 steam settings; low, medium and high. This is a very handy feature that allows the user to choose how much steam (how wet the floor) they need for different types of floor.
• An excellent mop at an excellent price. Can you believe that the cost of this machine is around $89?
The Bissell 1867-7 Steam Mop
This mop has a four star rating from over 700 consumers and costs only around $70.
Let’s move straight into the details and take a look at what other customers are saying about this mop:
• It is extremely easy to use, clean up after and it is very quiet.
The fact that it is so quiet means that you can steam at any time without worrying that the noise would cause a bother.
• Swivel head action works well
• Works well on all types of floor, including sealed hardwood.
• The water on the floor dries very quickly after steaming, reducing the risk of slipping on a wet floor.
… and, just for fun …
The Slipper Genie Microfiber Cleaning Slippers
I included this mop because … it is simply just too cool! Whoever came up with this idea, really must have had kids in mind.
I think it’s a great way to get your kids involved in cleaning and it comes in bright pink and green which makes it so much more attractive.
All you have to do to clean is walk … sounds good to me!
At around $10, this slipper mop is a great deal and it has a four star rating from Amazon.
So are other consumers as thrilled as I am about this mop?
Let’s see what they say:
• They are comfortable and easy to use
• They are great to wear about the home especially on hardwood floors. As you go about your day you’re cleaning at the same time!
• Work really well for picking up dog and cat hairs. If you have pets, you should get a pair of these!
• Re-washable and reusable
• Fun and useful
• Some found that the little “hairs” tend to fall out after awhile
Overall, this is a fun product but not for serious cleaning (see the previous two mops for more productive and effective cleaning).
Steam Mop Reviews
Return to the Best Steam Reviews Homepage