Fagor Pressure Cookers
The range of Fagor Pressure Cookers consists of the:
Most of these models are available in 4qt, 6qt, 8qt, 10qt sizes
in order to suit every kind of dish and volume you can dream up for it.
Fagor, the company, are synonymous with durability, quality,
environmentally friendly products and a green manufacturing process.
I love that their manufacturing plants are known to be green and not harming the environment with harmful by-products.
ensure the health of our planet we need not only green products but
also that those products are made in a way that will not cause harm.
Fargo is definitely one of the good ones!
Read the Fagor Pressure Cookers review below:
The different models of the Fagor Pressure Cookers are very similar
and I will therefore give you a description of the features of all of
them in one go below.
- All of the Fagor pressure cookers pots with their lids are made of stainless steel
that is beautifully polished to a mirror finish. They look great and
clean easily and without fuss and are dishwasher safe. However, the lids should
be hand washed.
- An aluminum dispersion coil is bonded into the thick bottom of the pot to ensure even heat delivery and to make the best use of energy while saving it at the same time.
- The handles
are made of durable black plastic that is cool to the touch. A long
handle coupled with a short one on the other side make it easy to lift
and maneuver around. The Futuro models have only short handles to
lessen interference with other pots on your cooking surface and to make
- Fagor pressure cookers are safe: The lid locks automatically and won’t open until the pressure has been safely released.
There is a Pressure valve in the control setting that you can control.
Another two independent pressure release valves serve as additional safeguards.
- You have a choice of using either the 15psi or the 8psi pressure settings
for cooking. The lower 8 psi setting is ideal for quick light dishes
such as fish while the 15psi setting is more often used for all your
- The Fagor pressure cooker can be used on gas, electric, ceramic and induction surfaces, making it perfect for everyday use but also very handy to use on camping trips for quick delicious meals.
- Some consumers complained that their pressure cooker was sputtering and leaking
from the lid and that liquid was running down the sides onto the
cooking surface, making a huge mess. The solution for this is very
simple. Without putting the lid on, bring your food to the
boil. Only after reaching boiling point, put the lid on and seal it.
Wait for the yellow indicator to pop, turn the heat down, set your timer
and everything will turn out just fine.
- It is very important to keep the valve and opening clean.
Do this right away after using your Fagor pressure cooker to spare
yourself a lot of work later. My tip for cleaning is to use a pipe
cleaner. It is a perfect fit and does the job of cleaning beautifully.
- A Fagor pot is simple to use, easy to clean,
build to last and exceptional value for money. You will be using it for
a long, long time.
- Consumers reported being very
satisfied and cooking with their Fagor’s for years and years. Most of
the complaints were due to not reading the instructions and using it
- I love the Fagor sets that are available.
For a little extra you get two pots of different sizes; one pot with a
regular lit and another with a steam lid. The steam lid fits on both
pots giving you two steampots or you can use them as regular pots.
- There is only one generic instruction manual for all the models, giving you very general information that is usually not appropriate for your specific model.
- You have the option of buying a timer
with your Fagor pressure cooker. This is a waste of money since the
timer is of poor quality and not very useful. It has a belt clip at the
back making the magnetic strip unusable since it won’t fit against a
flat surface – the belt clip is in the way!
- Many consumers are very unhappy with the customer service
complaining that it is slow, impersonal and a utter waste of time.
Luckily for us the Fagor pressure cookers are of such good quality
that there is little chance that you will need their customer services.
We take a closer look at the Fagor Duo and Splendid Pressure Cookers here.
Take a look at the different models below and keep in mind that they are
all available in 4qt, 6qt, 8qt, 10qt sizes. Click on the images to get
a closer look and to see their latest prizes.
Go to the High Pressure Cooker page to see all our info on pressure cookers.
Return to the Best Steam Reviews Homepage